Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Argentine Futbol postscript.

   I am just settling in blowing bubbles as I await kick off for the last game at the Hammers Boleyn Ground. West Ham play Man Utd.for a six pointer to determine who plays in Europe next year. I fear  the Hammers  defeat by Swansea at w/e may have doomed the effort.
     I send this to all blog recipients as a follow up to the Argentine Futbol blog of last week. I have received several comments sent to my email account rather as comments on the blog page .So I will respect that confidentiality on this uber sensitive matter.

      There have been a couple of objections to the inclusion of Maradona as one of the Greatest Five.
       One objector is Italian.Enough said.
   

 One friend sent this piece of historic intelligence.

"As you may know Harry Haslam, then the manager of Sheffield United, was instrumental in bringing Argentine stars, particularly Ardiles & Villa to UK clubs in 1978. There was some talk of Mario Kempes also moving to England and on that subject Haslam, as the fixer, was interviewed on the radio.
 
 He said (something like) "I've had a word with Tony Rattin and he says there's no chance of Kempes coming to an English Club, and as you know Tony knows everyone in Argentina from Eva Peron to Fray Bentos"*

One of my favourite football quotes.


    Several of my older male blog readers have volunteers to play on the Argentine Women's Team .One is convinced he would score. Delusional.He never scored when we were teenagers.




* for those too young to remember: Eva Peron was Argentine Presidents Juan Peron's wife. She died in 1952 .
    I am only a simple woman who lives to serve Peron and my people.                                
                                                                                              Evita Peron
She was much more articulate than Eva Braun


    Fray Bentos was a meat processing company in. It was not founded by Mr. Fray or Senor Bentos. It was founded by a German  owned British company in 1867,in URAGUAY. The first plant sited at the port of Fray Bentos [Friar Benedict] on the Uruguay River. It is an "iconic' British food brand.I thought you would want to know.
       Harry Haslam is a WORLD RENOWNED Argentine historian. 



    West Ham are leading 1-0 and have just had an excellent goal disallowed in the twentieth minute.Will we be robbed again?
Irving Kuczynski
703-759-6040

No comments:

Post a Comment